Friday, 30 January 2015

Shades of green / Nature studies


To me green is a very important colour. I like to experiment with different shades and mix them together to get better results. Winsor & Newton's Winsor Green is one of my favourite shades. However Van Gogh and Schminke make splendid green shades as well.


I'd like to call these paintings my nature studies. It is a great challenge to paint as realistic as possible. Each time I go for a walk or a little adventure with my love I find the most pleasing and fascinating things. Occasionally I spot little insects, I'd take them home if they'd only sit still to get their portrait painted. 


At the moment I am working on a painting of lichen on a little twig. I might add a feather or an insect to the painting. In a minute I'll be enjoying a warm cup of tea a dear friend sent to me. 
It snowed yesterday and the sight from my window is delightful. 



No comments:

Post a Comment