Saturday, 24 January 2015

Two Paintings

I made this tiny painting last summer. The lavender is still hanging on my wall, because I didn't take it off yet. It smells nice so it isn't really a problem. The little butterfly looks quite satisfied between all these flowers. Oh, I am so excited for summer! 


Mushrooms are such peculiar, marvellous things. I am always fascinated by their form and their incredible diversity. I painted two little fly agaric (Amanita muscaria) mushrooms. Their bright red colour is impressing when you see them and I tried to capture their beauty in this tiny painting. 


4 comments:

  1. I've just discovered your blog and I'm in love! I love your universe, how you paint and take pictures... You make me think of a dearest friend of mine, and that is a compliment! Keep going with your work, it's amazing!

    Mab xXx
    (Sorry for my poor english skills by the way haha :') )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello love!
      Your english is great don't worry about it.
      Thank you very much for your kind and lovely words, they mean much to me.
      Love, Johanna

      Delete
  2. I absolutely love your paintings, blog, & overall aura. Also, I was wondering, what books are those?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! This is a book called Floragids, bomen-bloemen-paddestoelen-zeewieren-varens-grassen-(korst)mosses-leverkruid. The english title is Spotter's guide to Wild Plants. :-)

      Delete